Mary Gakembu and her family have been good friends to a few of us Aussies for many years. It is through our friendship that little by little we have endeavoured to help out; to be a part of something much bigger than ourselves; to look out to others and try to provide the much needed funds, as well as support in prayer and skill, communication and encouragement.
Informally over the years each of us has done something.
- We’ve travelled to Kenya.
- We’ve given money.
- We’ve prayed, believing God for a breakthrough.
- We’ve offered words of encouragement when the going has been tough.
- And even today, (while some of us have now formed a not for profit Australian association), we continue to do the same. Why?
- We are in for the long haul.
- Mary and her family are our good friends, the type you stick with forever.
- We’re meant to do this.
- We are purposed in our hearts to do whatever it takes to make BCC Africa stand out and be noticed, not for its own glory, but simply so others will join us in helping to make a difference in the lives of girls and boys, and in families and communities.